How to detect fake honey?
There are various tests to detect fake honey? The internet lists number of tests, we have reproduced few of them.
Always buy your honey from known beekeepers or their distributors.
You can count on us for pure honey and are free to run any tests on our honey?
- If your honey does not “crystallize” over time, it is likely ultra-filtered since pure honey will crystallize when you keep in your fridge or over time.
- Add a few drops of iodine to a glass of water and then add some honey. If your honey turns blue, it has been combined with corn starch and is not real honey.
- Place a dab of honey on the end of a matchstick and light it. If it ignites, it is pure.
- Place a spoon of honey in a glass of water. If it dissolves it is fake. Pure honey will not dissolve in water and will sink to the bottom of the glass.
- Always read the label. If it contains added glucose or high fructose corn syrup, it is not real honey.
- Taste your honey. If you can taste things like flowers or herbs it’s real honey. Fake honey is just sweet, with a smidgen of “honey-like” flavor.
- Put a small drop of your honey on your thumb. If it spreads it is not pure since pure honey will stay in one place.
- Add a few drops of vinegar into a mixture of water and honey. If it foams up, your honey has been adulterated with plaster!
Tasty Food & Spices IncYou can trust us.